If you’re like me, who finds manual vacuuming a very tedious and time-consuming task , or if you’re always on the go and hardly find time to vacuum your home, then the robotic vacuum cleaner would be a great addition to your household. I finally broke down and bough an iRobot roomba. Here’s why you should
- It’s fully automated, thus, it saves you time to do other chores while your robotic vacuum does the dirty work for you. You can have a clean floor and carpet, in no time, without lifting a finger .You can even program them to clean your home while you are away.
- If you have back problems or other injuries, it reduces the strain, so it’s great for people with disabilities .You can even program it to clean several times during the day, which is great for people with allergies to dust particles , pet hair, etc.
- They are designed to clean hard-to-reach areas like beneath the couch, bed, and any nook and cranny within your home. A great feature that upright vacuum cleaners can’t achieve .
- They are easy to clean, and requires very little maintenance . Some of those cleaners even recharge by themselves and requires very little power to operate.
- These gadgets are safe to use, even with children and pets around . It comes with ultra-sensitive sensors, so you need not worry about it damaging stuff around your home or running over fragile material.
- They are lightweight, have cute compact designs unlike bulky upright vacuum cleaners. They are very easy to store , and most importantly, they are not too heavy on the budget with a lot of brands and a price that’s competitive with tradional upright vacuum cleaners
Things to keep in mind before you buy a robotic vacuum cleaner :
- The robotic vacuum cleaner should have a very precise mapping system to make sure every inch is completely covered .Some vacuum cleaners simply go round and round or back and forth without any definite direction , so it does not clean the same area twice . It should also have the ability to thoroughly clean corners and hard to reach areas , but not leave scratches or marks on your walls and furniture.
- They should have good ,working sensors to protect your valuables from accidental bumps and scratches. You don’t want your vacuum cleaner to fall off the stairs or damage your delicate furniture and prized possessions, and even worse, you don’t want your vacuum cleaner to be tangled and caught on the wires in your home.
- Select a cleaner that produces the least amount of noise . Nothing is more irritating than watching a good movie or reading a good book with the noise of your vacuum cleaner in the background
- It should have a user-friendly, easy to navigate, and less-cluttered interface. The more buttons there are to click on, the more difficult it is to operate. It should also be easy to clean and maintain, and the dust compartment should be easy to use.
- It should have strong suction power and it should have the ability to thoroughly clean thick carpets and rugs . It should also have the ability to mop after it cleans, for that extra shine on your wooden floors.
- Power consumption, speed, efficiency, and value for money should also be considered . Some of these robotic vacuum cleaners can only be bought online , so it would be a good idea to compare prices and read product reviews and check out forum, blogs, and read comments from other users , before you part with your hard-earned money.
Here are the top robotic vacuum cleaners in the market and today :
It is said to be one of the smartest, most advanced hard surface floor cleaners developed.. It digitally maps the room before it cleans and makes sure every inch of the floor is thoroughly cleaned , so it never misses a spot.
It’s not only for dry cleaning , but it mops too ! Simply attach a pre-moistened or disposable cleaning cloth or you can use washable micro fibre cloths .and it mops away, even removing some floor stains. It has a sleek, low-profile design and allows you to clean places your upright vacuum can’t reach . It’s usable on any hard surface floor .
It turns the power off by itself. It also charges automatically and it can clean for up to three hours on a single charge.
This is one of the most popular robotic vacuum cleaner with millions sold worldwide .The iRobot Roomba gets rid of dirt, dust , pollen , pet hair and allegens on it’s own, at a touch of a button. These smart robots automatically self-adjusts itself to different floor surfaces as it moves around your home.
It cleans under the bed and other hard to reach areas, unlike and old-fashioned upright vacuum, roomba cleans tight spots and under and around furniture. It ensures the whole floor is completely cleaned. Roombas soft-touch bumper provides a cushion between the cleaner and the objects it touches while cleaning, protecting your furniture and other household from scratches and marks.
It’s so easy to use, and it’s touch pad interface eliminates mechanical buttons letting you control the robot with just the touch of your fingertips.
It’s unique feature is that it has a laser rangefinder that maps the room before cleaning it. It navigates itself very well around objects and it is very safe to use. It is said to have the most powerful sucking power on any robotic vacuum cleaner . Even more than some upright vacuum cleaners .
It’s easy one-touch button interface is very user-friendly and it even has it’s own docking station and charges by itself when it’s done cleaning .
The dust tray is very easy to clean . Just push a button, pull the tray, and that’s it. You don’t have to lift the entire device to empty the dirt tray.
One of the cons of this device though is the sound. It is loud, so you don’t want to be in the room watching tv while this device is working .
It has a beautiful sleek design and can be remote-control operated. It has a unique voice guidance control and it features dual upper and lower cameras. The upper camera photographs the ceiling for localization and mapping. The lower camera scans the floor for moving objects, therefore, enhancing precision and speed.
It has an anti-collision optical sensor. While other competing robots vacuum too far of a distance from walls, or have to collide into walls to turn, the Hom Bot cleans right up to the wall and then automatically turns.
It also includes a mop, for a shiny finish on wooden , tiled , parquet or granite floors.
It has three automated settings that allows you to select the from thorough , light, to intense cleaning for those really dirty areas that need special attention.
Samsung claims that this is the most innovative robotic vacuum cleaner in the market today.
It uses a new visionary mapping system , and it has a built-in camera on the top so it takes a photo of the ceiling , and navigates it’s way around the room.
It knows where it has been and does not clean the same area twice unlike other vacuum cleaners that bounces everywhere around the room .
It goes from room to room, cleaning as it goes . When the battery gets low, it recharges , and finds it’s way back to the last place it had cleaned.
Like other robotic vacuum cleaners , it also has a scheduler , so you can program it to clean while you are away.
The things that robotic vacuum cleaners can’t do :
- They operate within a limited range so they may not cover the entire floor or the entire house.
- They cannot ascend or descend stairs and you also must have leveled floors .
- Some cleaners cannot find it’s way in the dark because they operate using light sensors , so you have to store them in a well-lit, non cluttered space for it to be fully-functional
- They cannot wash floors, due to the sensitivity of it’s components.
- Servicing and repairs may be limited because these robots are constantly upgrading.
Are robotic vacuum cleaners worth the price ?
The robotic vacuum cleaner is one of the most helpful inventions for cleaning the house and every home should have it. Wouldn’t it be nice to come home to a spotlessly clean home when you return from a hard day’s work ? Wouldn’t it be nice to just sit back , relax and watch your favorite program while the robotic vacuum cleaner does it’s job ?
Just imagine having your own personal cleaner that knows it’s way around your home, doing stuff that you would rather not do.
It would definitely be worth shelling out a few hundred dollars in exchange for some valuable leisure “me” time and do the things that you enjoy.
And besides, these hard-working robots are just as inexpensive as normal vacuum cleaners , just as efficient , but definitely a whole lot easier to use .
So go ahead and buy one. You deserve it.